Sunday, December 5, 2010

So long stained beige carpet

Hello again Dan, Nicole and baby Grace. I was able to hold the baby for a long time since my sciatica is a tad better. Grace is so alert and curious. Her head and huge eyes follow whoever is speaking. Nicole's dad, a retired Philly narcotics cop, buys her adorable gifts. During his career, he was named Top Philadelphia Cop numerous times.

On his first day on the force, he bought a can of Dinty Moore Beef Stew and put it in the cupboard. He didn't eat it until he retired.
This is the final day of the life of my carpet. It was here when the kids n I moved into the house in 1995. It's a little bit sad but only if you're a poet looking for the subject of your next poem.

They will transport the furniture off the floor but I had to remove all the objects from the surfaces. Quite a job helped enormously by Scott. He takes such good c/o me! I told that to his mom when I invited her and her husband to my birthday party on Saturday.

'He's a good boy,' she said. 'He's never given us any trouble.' She asked if she could bring anything to the party and I remembered sitting at their dining room table eating small hoagies from some famous Philadelphia hoagie place.

Thank you Natalie!

Gotta continue to eat my kidney-healthy foods like this sliced egg sandwich w/dark-leaved greens and mayo. I was tired of drinking water all the time so I asked Scott to buy me cranberry juice.

It tasted so good I thought I was drinking vino!

Does the name Staff Sergeant Salvatore Giunta mean anything to you? Watch him on the Colbert Report as he talks about winning the Afghan War's first award for bravery.

No comments:

Post a Comment