Friday, December 10, 2010

Every day is a fine adventure - did you know that?

My man-servant Noam came over early. We're still arranging my house and he doesn't mind doing the heavy lifting.

We also mailed out more Compasses.

On my wall, I had several sheets of beautiful stamps: one was American flags. the other Alexander Calder mobiles.

Since I'm in Major Clean-up Mode, which is unusual for me, even when I had manic depression, I never cleaned, I carefully removed the stamps and transported them to the PO where John put them on all my Compass packets. Each one cost about $5. Life ain't cheap.

I've been friends with Noam's family for over ten years. I used to visit his late father - Bobby - at their Southampton townhouse. Bob would spend part of the year here and thother half at the Israeli kibbutz where Noam and his two sibs were born.

Noam learned great organizing skills working at the kibbutz.

When I'd go visit, Bob and I would sit in the living room and he'd play me his favorite music while his red-headed wife Cynthia read her novel. We'd talk about everything. Bob was a polymath and there was little he did not know.

We were also great walkers and would walk around the neighborhood. I have such fond memories of him. He taught Yiddish to rabbis and gave a talk at a local synagogue which I faithfully attended.

I also attended his funeral two years ago. He died suddenly. As Noam said, he's at peace now. He had been newly diagnosed with Parkinson's and did not wanna face life with a progressive neuromuscular disease.

I don't know about you, but I'm exhausted. I was up watching videos on my laptop. If I wasn't gonna turn 65 later this month, I would remember what I watched and tell you. Actually, I do know, but thinking em up is as hard as the heavy lifting Noam did for me this morning.

1 comment: