Sunday, October 24, 2010

Take your pills, dear



One more thing before I close the laptop and settle down to the new and cranky and candid Sherlock Holmes. I CAN'T WAIT.

As bedtime approaches, I reach over to take my new pills, Neurontin, for pain. I haven't goggled it yet, well, actually, I don't wanna know a thing about it, all the side effex and what it's doing right now to my Promethean liver, but I do feel it necessary to share this tidbit with you.

The active ingredient in Neurontin, which I believe is called gabapentin, a b'ful name that reminds me of a truth serum and the inability to lie (tho I've got heaps of that inside me) it's the taking of it that interests me.

The capsule. How can an intelligent human being put this in their mouth and swallow it? It's pure plastic. It takes like plastic. Can you envision yourself cutting off a tiny bit of plastic from a water bottle and swallowing it with a bit of water?

Or swallowing the wrapper of an individually-wrapped slice of Kraft American cheese?

Or perhaps slicing off a piece of the plastic chair that sits on your front porch?

Think of the meaning of, "and this too shall pass."

No comments:

Post a Comment