Sunday, October 24, 2010

Slowly, she's recovering



What does a girl do when she's unable to walk due to sciatica agony? Am still camped out next door at boyfriend Scott's who's played a major part in urging me to exercise and to walk a bit.

He's right and he's tough. Makes sure I get my carcass off the bed and walk, albeit stiffly like Frankenstein, around the blue-carpeted second floor.

The pain has substantially diminished tho I can't stand for more than two minutes tops and I must collapse back into the bed.

His dad gave him dozens of old movies so we watched Lemon-Drop Kid, made in 1951. Scott had a nice snooze thru the first half while I snoozed on n off during the whole film.

My snoring was truly operatic. Since I'm on dilaudid I have very odd, psychotic-like thoughts when I pop off to sleep. Wish I could remember them.

In these '50s movies, the producers love for the women to exhibit their beautiful bodies. I love this picture of Marilyn Maxwell's pointy boobs. I don't think 'pointy' is 'in' this year. Try 'round.'



Marilyn Maxwell died at age 50 of a heart attack. Her 15-yr-old son came home from school one day and found his mom dead. She suffered from hyptertension and pulmonary diz.

This is so sad, her poor son, that I think I should publish another photo of her, don't you think?



Did I tell you I started a new blog yesterday? It's for my support group. The idea is that people othan myself will be able to load stuff on it. I sent the link out to 10 people asking for comments.

Check it out here and give me your feedback.

2 comments:

  1. Good for Scott. I know when my back is acting up I don't want to do anything, but the inactivity after a certain point just makes it worse. Glad you are a bit better but hope you improve much more soon.

    I like the new blog layout a lot. Very nice, clean look. Good luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for checking out my new blog. glad you like it. it's free. i was shocked that i actually figured out all by m'self how to create it. ok ok scott helped me a lil bit. i am rather helpless, but oh well, i sure can type!

    ReplyDelete