Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Sciatica agony - Day 12



I woke up for the day at 12 noon. Stared at the ceiling to figure out Who am I, how do I feel, where am I.

Since I can't photograph myself, the bottle of Miralax represents my head. Ruth Deming, your new expert on constipation.



Heard someone sleeping beside me. Can it be, I thought? Has Scott come home and gone to sleep. In my pain, I turned my head over and found...Scottie! He'd walked home from the train station, made breakfast, taken a shower, and gone to bed.

I was in drug heaven.

The prednisone hasn't had any bad side effex. My brain was thinking very rapidly but it was nothing to worry about. I have a lotta work to do today but couldn't make a move until Scott woke up. Oh, yes, one adverse effect is I'm making lots of mistakes when I type. Lots. They'd never hire me.

Mainly I've got to advertise a terrific program New Directions is having this Saturday at the Giant Supermarket. Here's how one of the emails I sent reads:

Hi everyone,

We're so fortunate to offer you one of the best programs ever, and of course it's free.

The highly acclaimed psychiatrist Dr Terry Boyadjis of Psych First in Westchester -
www.psychfirst.com - will enlighten us on Hope for Hard-to-Treat Depression this
Saturday, October 30 from 1 to 2:30 pm.

We'll meet at the Willow Grove Giant Supermarket at 315 Old York Road, Willow Grove PA 19090, the former Home Depot.
Enter store on the right and proceed upstairs to one of the classrooms. Elevator or stairs are
on your right.

This psychopharmcalogist knows all about meds - but will also discuss other treatment methods
such as TMS, which he performs in his office.

Do not miss this opportunity to soak up information. We have made the program 90 minutes
long instead of our usual speaker meetings of 35 minutes b/c we believe he will be so helpful to
all of us.

Please tell you friends.

Regards,

3 comments:

  1. You, my dear, are an expert on many things but I don't want you to be one on pain and/or constipation. Get Well as soon as you can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, dear college chum Iris. Yes, I readily give back my crown for these conditions. Ah then how will they remember me when they sob over my tombstone? Oh, we so enjoyed her homemade challahs. (Yeah, but they were a little tighey in the middle). Or she was such a good volleyball player. Yes, I like that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Volleyball...I do remember how much you liked it at Goddard. Or at least I think I remember! LOL.

    ReplyDelete