Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Quaker launches fake food for the masses / I was in the minority trying to re-elect Arlen Specter, I respect his right to change parties



You're probly wondering what snack food I bought after last nite's New Directions meeting. I was starving since I didn't have time to eat dinner, only to grab a piece of homemade bread and munch on the drive over.

Why was I later than usual? I found someone home from my Census To-Do list. She apologized for not calling me back. I didn't say it, but no one calls back.

I so much enjoy the detective work of tracking people down after I've visited them 3 or 4 times to no avail.

We meditated with Georgia Tetlow last nite at our meeting. I told her we'd had 4 other meditation teachers but she was the best. No, I don't say that to all of em. She gave us permission for our mind to wander, to not do it perfectly, to only do it 2 minutes at a time if it was too hard. A gentle approach is the best, like a gentle non-pushy mother.

She loved the yellow callo lilies I got her as a gift. When I bought em I said to Scott, these are so beautiful they actually look fake.

Speaking of fake, the above photo is of my favorite fake food, a new product called True Delights by Quaker.

Many layers of flavor combine to produce the variety of flavors that hit your tongue and cheeks with a magnificent CRUNCH.

The first flavor is that of THE PLASTIC WRAPPER they come in. Quite frankly, it's the best plastic taste I've ever enjoyed. Far better than the yuck of plastic water bottles.

Then we get a traditional BLAH sweet taste from a variety of sweeteners they use.

Lastly a mild berry-like flavor comes thru making you question your judgment of buying these things in the first place, not to mention the folks at Quaker spending their precious time developing something so, well, downright disgusting, when they could have been solving the riddles of the universe like I used to do when I'd get manic-psychotic, or dancing to Smokey Robinson and the Miracles which I'm doing between words here.

What's so good about goodbye, croons Smokey in his maroon-colored cumerbund.

Okay, time for my Census paperwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment