Friday, May 21, 2010

Getaway to the Seashore



We have our own kitchen. Ruth models dress bought from Boardwalk shop owned by Kobi (L) who served in the Israeli army. "Now I get an excuse to put my arm around Amanda," he said about the hired help. Kobi knows how to dress a woman.



We buy a semester's worth of books. Obama's brilliant first autobio, Dreams from My Father, is a detailed, poetic foray into his international childhood including his keen and painful awareness of racism by the time he was 8.



When I leafed thru The Original Boys' Handybook, written in 1880 by the co-founder of the Boy Scouts, I knew I must bring home the book. Favorite sections include Making sounds like a bird, How to Collect and Preserve Eggs, How to Rear Wild Birds, Snowball Warfare, How to bind a Prisoner w/o a Cord.






In our search for unbroken shells, Scott discovered clusters of mussels in the little ponds between these moss-covered rocks



I just love the feel of sand on the bottom of my feet

No comments:

Post a Comment