Friday, May 7, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!



Worked three and a half exhausting hours for my census job, up n down stairways in a nearby apartment building, leaving mostly notices of my visit since the occupants were not home.

One guy and his baby son were home, however, so I sat myself down in the hallway to write out his form, and then left.

Without my census bag which had all the confidential census forms inside.

The hallway was extremely dark. It was impossible to see my black bag. I did retrieve it.

When I got home I painted the reverse side of the bag so I can find it next time. Fort'ly I had paints left over from my Acrylic Painting Class.

Just sent a wonderful friend of mine a Mother's Day Card even though she never had kids. You might wanna do that for a friend of YOURS who, like my friend, Helen, mothers so many people.

In an email, I told Helen, Doing the census is so much harder than running New Directions.

Hey! You wanna try it? Running New Directions, that is. It's really a cinch once you get the hang of it. I've gotta keep running downstairs to check the office phone, tho. I wrote a friend once & said, How come my Phone Greeters forget to answer the phone & I never do?

Cuz you're the boss, he said.

Oh.

My supervisor evaluated me this morning as I went around the apartment complex. Nice man. I was standing at one of the apartment doors and after getting information I dropped everything I was holding in my arms.

That's why I sit on the floor now. I wonder if I'm the only floor-sitter. What dyou think?

No comments:

Post a Comment