Friday, March 19, 2010

Second draft finished

Just left my teacher a message on Facebook:

Finished the revision. My BF will review it and then I'll email you the final copy.

Quick word about Facebook. I love Facebook. Not so much for myself, but for all the people who use it. My own FB philosophy is: Get on and off as fast as possible. The 90-second rule.

While writing my 18-chapter novel, I comfort myself by eating popcorn and listening to Harold Budd. I YouTubed Beethoven's Ninth cuz it played a small role in the novel, and also in my life. When I had my first manic-psychotic episode I thought I was in communication with the Maestro. Who knows? Maybe I was. But, please, isn't there an easier way? Cost me a trip in the police car to Norristown State Hospital where I was confined for the worst three days of my life.

Freude, schöner Götterfunken,
Tochter aus Elysium,
Wir betreten feuertrunken,


Sometimes I lay in bed and wonder what it'd be like if I flipped out again. It's been seven or eight years. No meds. Before I fall asleep at nite, I hear people's voices and also music. Lasts about a minute till I fall asleep. I imagine this happens to other people, that you don't have to have bipolar to have this happen.

Talk to people. It's the only way to find out!

I did talk today to Sienna, the DC aide of my US representative, saying I'm behind Allyson Schwartz's efforts to pass the health insurance bill. It's my no. one priority, I said to Sienna. "Allyson's also," she said.

A new guy from our support group called me last nite. Where's the note I wrote about what he said about our group? Hypergraphic me!

I threw it out. Something like -- the guy is Italian, 70 yrs old, retired -- "it was the most freeing experience I've ever had. I feel liberated! The group just flowed. I felt like I've known you all my life."

Turns out the guy's a frigging Republican. Gives all the bogus reasons why healthcare reform won't work... you know, takeover by big government, spiraling healthcare costs. Doesn't the man read the statistics like I do? I told him, Who runs the Social Security program? I said I've been getting notices from them for the past 20 yrs, clearly stating what my benefits would be when I retire.

When I hit 62 yrs of age, they seamlessly forwarded my monthly benefits to my bank account. Never made a misstep.

Like talking to the wall, albeit a friendly one.

Oh! Wait'll I tell you what I made in my painting class last nite.

Remind me to write about it in my next blog. I took it over to Scott's this morning and the first thing he said was, "Wow! That's your best one yet!"

No comments:

Post a Comment