Thursday, March 18, 2010

My supply of 'backs' is dangerously low

I left Scott two messages on his answering machine:

"Just realized I only have about two inches of backs left. Please bring me some more from SEPTA." (Backs, of course, are the reverse side of papers that are headed for the trash bin.)

Second message: "Just got an email. It reads: Peppers and tomatoes will arrive late april. You shouldn't plant them until the frost date (May 15th). We have in stock cold weather vegetables. Lettuce mixes, broccoli, cauliflower, yellow cauliflower, swiss chard, mustard greens, spinach, onion plants, and more.

We'll buy our plants from Primex this year.

Scott will till the soil this weekend while I'm giving a breadmaking class and then visit a friend who lost her married son to cancer. She told me There wasn't enough morphine in the world to stop his pain.

I'll probly collect for the 'Leukemia & Lymphoma Society" -- which is what Matt died from -- since I have the kit on my desk for the third year straight. I didn't collect last year. I'd written them I wouldn't be a volunteer but they still sent it to me. This year, I'll collect in the name of Matt Ryesky. Letters of condolence are pouring into his Facebook site.

Vat else? Oh, I forgot I'm on camera.

Stayed up late working on Chapter 11 of my novel. I don't know about you, but when I get tired, it comes in a heap, and I'll fall asleep while typing or whatever, and I can barely drag myself upstairs to bed.

Oh! Now I remember what I wanted to talk about. Young Greg. But, see, I've gotta go back to bed for a few minutes so remind me to tell you about Greg (not is real name) in another post. His mom has bipolar.

No comments:

Post a Comment