Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Quick Catfish Dinner with veggie soup

Buy a pound of plump catfish from your local fishmonger.

Pour olive oil in bottom of Pyrex rectangular container in which you will later store the excess.

Lay catfish flat. Admire it and thank the fat fellow for giving his life to feed you.

Onto the catfish create the sauce:

Hellman's mayo
Gulden's spicy mustard
A good Balsamic vinegar

Stir the above well with fork.

Sprinkle fresh basil on top. I grow mine own on the windowsill.

Bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Do not overbake.

Testimonial: Boyfriend Scott says, "Delicious! What else can I say. The wording is your department."

Beverage: Since I don't drink wine, I drank a combination of freezing cold water and pomegranate juice. "Tastes like wine," I said to Scott.

I told him I had some really interesting phone conversations today pertaining to New Directions. Perfect timing cuz I love to cook when I'm on the phone, unless I need to think and cook, in which case I call em back. Talked to a woman from Massachusetts who's coordinating her family member's treatment here long distance. This is not uncommon.

Also talked to the mother of a newly diagnosed woman who saw the excellent psychiatrist John Worthington, MD, for a diagnosis of both paranoid schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorder. Good! I said. You've got a diagnosis now and some great medicine to bring the girl back to the world of the living.

I told the parents a bright future awaits their daughter and I mean it!

Look, deal with it! Eat your catfish and shut up. The catfish died for my sins.

1 comment:

  1. Fish monger. One who sells fish.

    This brings up a question. When I was growing up and dealing with the Bible, there were references to whoremongers. Somehow, I had the idea that whoremongers were men who frolicked with prostitutes. But it must be the Biblical term for pimp?

    ReplyDelete