Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Perfect consistency for snow cones

Perhaps later today I'll scoop a bit of the newly fallen snow into a pretty glass bowl and cover it with real maple syrup for a treat.

I was on the floor on the laptop reading the online NY Times when I heard thumping downstairs.

Scott was home safely. He came up to the bedroom, sat on the floor and took off his wet clothes. I felt his cold cheeks and nose. I told him I'd go next door to my house and make him a big delicious breakfast. He showers immediately after coming home from work b/c he says he gets filthy from fixing the trains.

Did you make a copy of my phone bill? I asked him. The County pays for my $112 phone bill a month. I need to send em copies.

Yeah, right, he said, with Tommy down our backs all night, I'm gonna say, Step aside, I've gotta make a copy of my girlfriend's phone bill.

It thrills me every time he says girlfriend. Speaking of which, I had a dream about my girlfriend Pam London Barrett which I'll blog after this.

Put on my mountain boots and trudged thru the snow to my house. Snow up to mid-calf. Scott's dogwood tree was snow-laden of course. Didn't see any more bunny rabbits, Mr. Hess. Y'all should check out Bill's wonderful blog which is a masterpiece of the daily doings of Wasilla, AK residents. No detail is too small for Bill to make fascinating to the interested voyeur.

I made our eggs in my new $3 skillet from Impact thrift in Hatboro. We buy the freshest and most delicious eggs ever from our Giant Supermarket. When I buy em, I reach my hand in the box and wiggle each egg to make sure it ain't stuck to the bottom.

Scott's order was two fried eggs hard, two slices of buttered toasted Giant Jewish rye bread made with no preservatives, and half of a huge ruby red grapefruit. Scott, a health afficionado, told me to eat the white part of grapefruit and other citrus fruits for Vitamin P. It helps the body absorb Vitamin C, he said.

I only eat one egg for breakfast and I put it on rye toast w/mayo.

We sat there smacking our lips and saying, You can't beat this breakfast. Nothing could be more delicious.

Then we looked out the window at the still-falling snow. In fact, it was tinkling, b/c there was sleet in it. Scott noticed Bill Adams next door had made a snowman. I sent Bill, who was outside behind his snow-blower, an email saying:

Hurray for the snowman! ***

The asterisks indicate there is no message in the body of the email.

I developed this shorthand many yrs ago, since I was dubbed the shortcut queen when I worked as a therapist at the now-defunct Bristol-Bensalem Human Services Center. I told Pam London Barrett, who was one of the staff psychiatrists, that the Center is now a housing development. Before that it was Clymer Elementary School.

Wonder what will become of America as our politicians slowly kill it. Economist Paul Krugman had a great essay on this in the Times.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the plug. I thought I had already said Thank you, but I guess I just meant to.

    ReplyDelete