Friday, October 23, 2009

Guess who's coming to dinner?

Yes, my own dear friend Rob will be coming to dinner next week. In preparation I made a delicious dinner last nite which I'd like to share with you all.

I was in the mood for a fantastic meal yesterday having traveled back and forth to New Hope. Here's the meal I prepared which I served a delighted Scott. BTW, I write down the menu in advance so I won't forget any of the entrees. My meals are all in accordance with my kidney diet plan from the Giant nutritionist.

Baked salmon with a surprise topping
Fresh corn bought at a farmer's market in New Hope (Solebury High School)
Brown rice

Guess what the topping is made from, I asked Scott.

Mayo.

Nope.

Cheese? he asked. The topping was pale yellow and studded with green.

That's not it, I said with glee.

I give up, he said.

It's right in the fridge, I said. He looked inside and shook his head.

Third shelf, I said.

Apples? Walnuts? Limes?

You missed it, I said pointing to the box of cage-free organic eggs.

Eggs?

Sure, what's mayo made from?

I explained that I took a bowl and whisked together one egg, a couple tablespoons of olive oil, garlic, and fresh mint and parsley from my sister Ellen's garden.

And, that, Robert, is just one possible entre from when you come over next week. Rob is super-polite and will say he loves whatever it is I cook. He goes to all these fine restaurants - yes you do too, Rob! - so I'll simply do my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment