Saturday, July 18, 2009

Farewell Walter Cronkite

When I read that Walter Cronkite died, I immediately Wiki'd him. I'd met his daughter, Kathy, once at a book signing at Friends Hospital here in Philadelphia when I was in the throes of my manic depression. She too had a mental illness, depression, with some cutting on the side.

According to Wiki, Walter was keeping company with one Joanna Simon, former opera singer, and now Manhattan real estate agent, and sister of Carly Simon.

My ex-Mike husband and I would watch Cronkite every nite at 6:30 - remember Mike? - oh, I forgot you were dead - we'd set up the TV tables in the living room and eat our dinners there - it was better than talking to each other - I think we stopped communicating after about a month of marriage - anyway, then we'd continue the evening by watching re-runs of Star Trek.

Both of us were as unhappy as two trees slowly dying of thirst.

No comments:

Post a Comment