Sunday, March 29, 2009

He shouldn't have died

Very sad news. My ex-husband died this morning at his home in Edmond, Oklahoma. He was having chest pains and told his wife Donna to call 911. She did and they came out quickly. By the time they arrived, he had collapsed but he was still alive and they did everything possible to save him.

Two weeks earlier Mike had knee surgery for a wicked fall he'd taken. One of the medics postulated that he really died from a blood clot from the operation.

My son Dan called to tell me the news. "I have sad news Mom," he said in a low voice. "Dad passed away."

"Oh my god!" I shouted. "He was so young. He was only 62!"

Then my daughter Sarah called. We spoke for a while. They're flying down for the funeral later this week. Sarah will stay to help her dad's wife, a lovely woman named Donna.

Sarah wrote an incredible blog about her dad which I now refer you to.