Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The bipolar blog

This is NOT one of the literally hundreds of 'bipolar blogs' around the Western world. Part of the healing that these bloggers rightfully undertake is to blog. I can't think of anything more healing than writing.... or talking or sharing your feelings. And leaving the blogosphere to get some nice fresh air and participate in the real world out there, right Roberto?

I do enjoy talking to my readers.

The question I ask tho about the bipolar bloggers is: Do they remain ill by constantly dwelling on their illness?

I feel I slowly lifted myself out of my ill world by hanging out with 'normal people.' The surprise is, of course, that they have the same sort of problems that we do. I'm thinking here of my poetry group in Lambertville, NJ, that I attended for many years. They were my first en masse exposure to so-called normal people.

A friend of mine just lost his 15-year-old son on Saturday, cause of death unknown. I've named the son "Sean" and have begun working on a poem about him. Gustav Mahler wrote a series of songs about fallen children. Kindertotenlieder. Inexpressibly sorrowful.

Hey what's for breakfast?